Friday, August 19, 2011

iPad2 - VGA question.

We are currently having our classrooms revamped with new digital projectors and teaching stations. I will now have the opportunity to hook up my iPad up as well but there has been some question as to what the iPad 2 will display if you use the VGA adapter released originally for the iPad 1 (the iPad 1 only displayed certain apps such as Keynote through the adapter). There has also been questions if the VGA adapter would display true mirroring like the HDMI adapter does. I have found out the answer. The VGA adapter does indeed display in the same mirroring format as the HDMI does (only on the iPad 2). Below is video of the adapter in action.




Here is a picture of the HDMI cord.




5 comments:

  1. This is so great to know about... I was wondering if there was a connector that mirrored both HDMI and VGA. Can you find one in grand rapids, or do you have to get it online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC953ZM/A

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I found the answer to my own question - currently there is no VGA and HDMI cable together. They are 2 separate purchases. Boo. :(

    I bought the VGA cable for school, since I doubt I will ever use the DV/HDMI cable at home for any reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going in early today for a MB reh. and I'm going to test it out then...

    ReplyDelete