Friday, July 12, 2013

iWork Pages Unable to Make Name Badges.

So I've been slowly coming around to Mac's Pages (part of iWork).  The more I discover about it, the more I really love the interface and what it offers in terms of flexibility.  The learning curve is a bit slow at times, but overall I really do feel like it is worth taking the time to learn.  It makes things look so much better in general.

Once I came to understand the difference between a word document and page layout, my life became significantly better.  Short version: page layout is basically like Publisher mixed with Word and it's very awesome.

Now on to the disappointment:

If you want to make name tags or name badges in Pages, don't even try, because it is fail.  The issue with pages and name badges is that you cannot make a bunch of mail merge fields in the same page.  This is something Word does very well, but Pages does not.  In order to mail merge in Pages, it must put a different name badge on each page in Pages.  Something Word has been able to do forever.  Ugh.


1 comment:

  1. I am simply out of words after reading your blog. I want to appreciate the way you handled such a complicated subject...Name Badges

    ReplyDelete